– For long trips, I usually do some homework and prepare a spreadsheet with sunrise/sunset times for each location for each day. It is good to be prepared, but I was always hoping to have a more dynamic way of determining sunset and sunrise times. UTMDATA for S60 Symbian-based mobile phones – this small freeware application runs on the mobile phone, can read current GPS position from the built-in or external receiver and calculate current sunrise and sunset times.
– I have also spent some time this week, exploring different ways to fit graduated filters on super wide-angle lenses like Canon 14mm F2.8 II. Here are some useful forum topics and guides:
– Keith Luitit PhotoBlog. It is in the MUST SEE category. It looks like he is the first who has combined tilt-shifting and time-lapse photography together, producing some great videos of Sydney. Currently he has 4 videos availble in his blog.
– We have some disturbing developmens around the Internet Filter here in Australia. Currently, government plans to make such filter mandatory for all users without opt-out option. Please visit http://nocleanfeed.com/ to see what you can do to stop it.
– In the Canon 5DMarkII category we have a couple of RAW images posted on akihabaranews.com, taken by pre-production Canon 5D Mark II.
As I mentioned in my last weekly links, I was planning to get one of these R-Straps. I received one today and, so far, I think that it is the most convenient camera strap I have ever tried or seen. And it is not expensive as well.
I’ve got RS-1 version – nice and simple, I don’t really need all those pockets for flash cards and mobile phones.
Have a look at this nice youtube video (not mine):